Position Summary: General Manager and Sales Director
Experience: 5+ years of experience in a related position
Education: MBA with technical background preferred
Functional Area: General Management and Sales
Location Detail: Seattle, WA - United States
Travel Requirement: Approx. 25%
Salary Range: Competitive
Number of openings: 1
Toradex is a leader in embedded computing, serving innovative products to industrial, medical, automotive & IoT companies creating feature-rich & intelligent systems for demanding applications, e.g. supercars, self-driving tractors, patient monitoring systems – to name a few. We rely on exceptional engineering, modern infrastructure & advanced automation to consistently & rapidly deliver the latest & greatest hardware & software to our customers
We are looking for an experienced embedded technology professional to lead our North America sales and operation team in Seattle, WA.
Provide leadership at all levels and oversee day-to-day business operations of the regional branch ensuring alignment with Toradex Group strategy and goals. Lead the regional sales and marketing activities, from identifying a new business to building lasting relations with key customers by employing a full array of tools and skills to deliver sustainable and profitable growth in North America. Build up the regional team by recruiting, hiring, and mentoring talent as need.
As General Manager of Toradex Inc., you will report to the Group CEO, collaborate with Executive Management to develop strategy, interface with Product Managers while leading your regional Sales, Technical Support, Customer Service and Operations teams of 7-10 employees. Excellent managerial and leadership skills, as well as significant technical industry knowledge, are required. Approximately 25% travel will be required within your region (with occasional overseas travel).
Apply Link: (use the button)
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide regional sales and marketing leadership and strategic direction to the regional branch office and its employees
• Drive development and execution of strong local sales teams and report regularly against agreed business plans
• Actively increase the regional customer base to create a solid foundation for profitable and sustainable growth
• Maintain personal relations to regional Key Accounts as well as significant customers across in target industries and markets
• Use standard reporting tools to track key sales metrics ie. Net sales, margins, customers, sales by segment/product family, etc.
• Execute annual marketing budgets according to agreed regional strategy and priorities
• Plan and execute regional marketing activities with trade shows and events
• Provide structured customer and market trends and competition information to Product Management
• Set priorities for regional branch and provide/allocate resources accordingly; resolve conflicting priorities according to overall company strategy
• Coach and guide the local Toradex team to do their part in delivering results while providing the necessary tools and support
• Recruit, integrate, and train employees as needed for the success of the regional business
• Define and implement policies, develop objectives and performance standards
• Evaluate employee performance and provide coaching and support as needed
• Lead by example and act in accordance with company culture and code of conduct
• Provide leadership and coaching to ensure the success of business across all teams
• Manage profit and loss statements and account for costs and revenues at the branch
Desired Candidate Profile
• 5+ years of management experience in a business-to-business environment with a proven track record of profitable growth and achievement
• Mastery of key account tools: customer mapping, customer P&L, multi-level selling, account development plans, etc.
• Strong ability to interface with customers at all levels, engineering/management/ executive; ability to capture and systematically document requirements and pass these to field applications or development engineers.
• Project management skills, ability to systematically plan and execute successfully
• Excellent planning, organization and record keeping skills
• Superb communications skills, with the ability to explain complex problems and solutions, both vs. customers and internally vs. colleagues, in written/spoken and in particular presentation form
• An appreciation and understanding of a diverse range of applications across different industries, knowing what technologies are suitable for such applications and understanding where Toradex’s products are applicable and the benefits they bring when used as part of a customer’s solution
• Knowledge of two or more customer product segments: industrial automation, automotive, medical, transportation & logistics, testing & measuring equipment, building automation, telecom, etc.
• Preference is given to candidates with a track record in business development and creating/developing new markets in a similar field.
• Risk management – understanding and identifying areas of risk within a project such a missing or ambiguous requirements and helping to minimize or eliminate such risks through pro-active communication and problem solving
• Technology focused and someone who has a good understanding of different technologies and their suitability for particular applications and industries.